A fast sweep FMCW Testbed based on the C700 platform which allows fast sweep rates up to 1GHz per millisecond and supporting simple configurations as well as switched-beam antennas setup for range measurements and position tracking. The main system configuration (described in figure 1 below) supports full FMCW functionalities in a frequency range from 4 to 6 GHz . Besides, it can be controlled as a fast sweep generator employed in a bigger system from 4 GHz to 18 GHz The C700 based Testbed constitutes the main blocks of a real FMCW system such as Waveform generator, VCO (PLL module), Mixer, filters, ADC, and Processing.
Figure 1, C700 based FMCW Testbed
Figure 2 below describes a generic block diagram of an FMCW Radar highlighting such main blocks within the FMCW system structure.
Figure 2, FMCW Radar block diagram
Features & Main Specifications:
- Measurements: Range and position tracking using single element or array antennas
- Configuration: Open configuration environment using MATLAB®, VHDL, GNURadio, low – level languages or common laboratory virtual environment
- Frequency Range : 4 to 6 GHz (and up to 18 GHz only as a sweep generator)
- Sweep rate: 1GHz / millisecond
- Range Resolution : <10 cm ( finer resolution achievable using additional modules)
- RF Output Power: 9 dBm (optional amplifier available)
- Sampling Rate: Up to 50 MS/s
- Receiver Sensitivity : -90 dBm @ 1.4 ms sweep period. (optional pre-amplifier available)
For more information, please contact email@example.com